July 21, 2021
The Housing Affordability Trust (HAT) is pleased to announce the recipients for the 2021 round of HAT Grants.
The HAT Board of Trustees was inspired by all of the submissions from organizations that are working to improve housing and quality of life in the Birmingham Metro. This year’s grants total $3.9 million.
The 2020 recipients are:
• AIDS Alabama Inc.
• Bessemer Redevelopment Corp.
• BuildUP – BHM
• Camp Fire Alabama
• Changed Lives Christian Center
• Collat Jewish Family Services
• Cooperative Downtown Ministries (Firehouse Shelter)
• First Light, Inc.
• Girls Inc. of Central Alabama
• Heart Gallery Alabama, Inc.
• Hispanic Interest Coalition of Alabama
• Jefferson County Housing Authority
• Literacy Council of Central Alabama
• Mercy Deliverance Ministry
• Navigate Communities
• Neighborhood Housing Services of Birmingham
• Oasis Counseling for Women & Children
• Threshold Housing – Common Thread
• United Way
• Western Horizons Development
• Will Bright Foundation
• YWCA Central Alabama
HAT awards the grants annually. Since 2017, the board has awarded nearly $19 million to housing-related projects and programs.
ABOUT HAT: Based in Birmingham, Alabama, the Housing Affordability Trust was established by the Jefferson County Housing Authority and Navigate Affordable Housing Partners. Board members are Chairman Sam Parker, Vice-Chairman Hugo Isom, Michael Davis, and Perry Shuttlesworth. For more information, visit housingaffordabilitytrust.com.
SIGN UP FOR UPDATES
The HAT application process typically begins in the spring annually. Sign up to receive notifications.